Friday, May 26, 2006

Jan 12: Etsy

I found this incredible new site, www.etsy.com. An innovative group of guys created an improved eBay-type site for handmade goods. It has cool features, unique items and creative artistic users. Best part of all, listing is super cheap, stays up 6 months, and they only take 3.5% of the final sale price. I posted my pug t-shirts on there and was lucky enough to get featured on the home page for about 3 days. I got over 2,000 hits! I sold 14 shirts in just a few days. The bad news is since I am no longer featured, my hits have slowed to about 20/day and have not had sales.

I can't find much information except that the 4 owners/guys are mostly programmers and launched Etsy in June. There are over 4,000 sellers. The more people find out about this, the more it will grow. While you are there, you can see my shop: http://www.shaynashirts.etsy.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf