Friday, May 26, 2006

Jan 28: is there hope for black pug designs?




I am "selling-out" and going to put some designs on cafe press. I resisted since I like being able to choose special colors, use high-quality silkscreen, and hopefully make a larger profit. However, I just priced some onesies for a new design, and cafe press is the same or cheaper for my costs, and I won't have to order 72 shirts and hope they sell. This printing stuff is expensive, I still am not close to making a profit even with all our sales. We still need to recoup our costs. I think I will test some shirts before I do mass quantity. The only way it seems to make sense to do the silkscreen is if I can sell a lot more shirts or go wholesale and sell to shops.

So here are the new designs I have been working on. I felt I needed a black pug for my collection. Do you know why it took so long? Fawn pugs have contrast in their faces. It is tricky to get detail to show in the black faces. I'm going to try and kill two birds, so to speak, and make this a Valentine's Day shirt as well. I have had this idea in my head for awhile with this pose and expression. The other new design is for babies and toddlers- pj pug. I love the design, but want to test it out first. I have some other baby ideas as well. Actually I have a lot of ideas, and just not enough time.

I'd love to hear your suggestions or comments on the new designs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf