Friday, March 16, 2007

blogging about blogging

Well, it has been a week so I better do an update before I lose the few readers I have. Which made me think about, why do people want to check in on my babbling anyway? Since there are a few people who do, this is for you!

One of the blogs I like to read, http://julia.typepad.com had over 100 comments regarding a somewhat innocuous post. Some readers commented about how she was smug, narcissistic, writing well, writing badly, not compassionate, a wonderful person....on and on. As if anyone really knows her, but yet you feel you do.

This sort of creeps me out. I met someone once in real life that started with blog commenting, I know it is common enough. Look at online dating. There is just something very strange about it to me still. My kids will find it completely normal. I don't think I could write about really personal things on the internet for any stranger to see.
I know this post is pretty incoherent. Which is actually the opposite of what I enjoy most about the blogs I read. They can form coherent sentences, the writing is funny and interesting, there is a common theme and I relate to them in some way. Right now this blog is such a hodgepodge of my thoughts, daily life, work and pugs that it confuses even me.

Maybe it will turn back to pugs once I actually am working on Say Bone again. Until then, I am mired in work and kids. I wish I could write about an upcoming trip to Italy I have planned, or how we are remodeling our kitchen, but unfortunately that would be pure fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf