Thursday, March 08, 2007

wine and working

I went to Eugene for a few days for a wine industry conference, I thought it would be a good idea to network more and learn about the industry. I was not expecting to have so much fun. Possibly for the average person it would not have been that fun, but having a break from my computer, kids and house responsibilities was actually like being on vacation.

The best part was when one of my client's invited me to dinner with their group. We ate at an extremely nice restaurant and had multiple appetizers including foie gras which I didn't know that I loved. (Although I won't have it again- the poor goose!) We started with champagne and finished with...I don't know. They were ordering off the big wine list and since I was hoping it was on the company account, I stayed out of the selection. When I am paying it is the second cheapest bottle, you know because the cheapest one is bad. (-:

Next time I go, I am definitely staying in the conference hotel*. My considerably cheaper hotel bed had a coin operated massaging machine attached. One strange thing was that my laptop wi fi connection worked great at el cheapo hotel, but didn't work at the Hilton Business center.

*I've actually had that same revelation before but it was about 6 years ago so I guess I forgot. I stayed at scary hotel near the conference hotel that had a strip club right across the street and multiple other issues. This is actually more of an issue in San Francisco than Eugene.

Anyway, I actually did learn quite a bit and met some people. It was very worthwhile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf