Friday, May 26, 2006

May 21: Pug Crawl 2006


Today was Pug Crawl! My family is the best and came to help me out. The weather was supposed to be rainy but it held off until the evening and we had nice weather for the pugs and shirts! Later in the evening it poured, thunder and lightning with hail. We were really lucky.

It was a nice crowd, no idea how many people. We sold aprox 40-45 shirts which made me happy. We were busy enough not to sit down the whole time, but never frantic or anything. Pugly and Cappugcino were the top sellers as usual. I sold a few of the new designs- there were two pugs there named Princess, so of course they had to get something. (-:
I can't believe we sold NO baby onesies. They may do better online or etsy. Amazingly, a lot of people had seen our site already which is pretty neat. It is only a matter of time before i see someone wearing a pug shirt around town.
I met some neat people today which is really the bonus since I rarely get to talk to people face to face. The money we made will probably pay for half of our new order so that is great.

I wish I had a photo to show the masses of pugs and people (supposedly 1,000, so I'm guessing around 350 pugs?). It was a little overwhelming to me- even as a pug lover. My husband refused to go since he is a *gasp!* confirmed pug un-lover. Hater may be too srong. Don't worry mom and dad, Shayna is protected at our house. Going to Pug Crawl would be like a torture to him. In fact, when he tried to place a bet on something with me, I said he would have to go to Pug Crawl if I won and he withdrew. There is a t-shirt I heard about that says, "pugs not drugs". He would choose drugs not pugs. Have I made my point? More about this later when I write about why i don't have my very own pug.

P.S. Don't think too harshly of him, he does have other qualities- good father, husband, yadda yadda...
P.P.S. I took this picture of a gorgeous black pug named Princess who obviously neede a ringer with her name on it. She was at Pug Crawl. I wish this pic had turned out better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf