Sunday, March 18, 2007

puggish

I finally watched Marie Antoinette which has been blocking the Netflix queue for some time. I'm not a big Kirsten Dunst fan, but I really love the costumes from that time. How come no one told me that pugs are very prominent in this movie?! Especially at the beginning when she tries to bring an adorable fawn pug puppy with her to France from Austria. (Later has a black pug.)
Notes about the movie: I don't feel like it even came close to covering many of the facts, but I guess it was more like a teenager or pop version. I looked it up on imbd since there was this really bizarre part in the movie where she is looking at fancy shoes of the era, and in with the pile on the floor is a pair of converses. I kept thinking there would be other references to modern life or something, but nope, that was it. It was intentional, I guess I just didn't "get" why there was suddenly one modern reference.

Some parts of the movie were true to history, for example M.A. gave birth with the whole court watching. That alone gives me a great deal of sympathy for her. Apparently she really did have to relinquish her dog when she joined the French court, but it wasn't a pug it was a shih tzu. Guess pugs just make better movie stars.

That's all I've got to say for this post. Maybe I can make my new tagline: "Putting the blah into blog..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf