Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Warning signs

As some of you may know, my real job is my graphic design firm. It has been around for 6 years and I have learned a lot during those 6 years- sometimes the hard way. Here is a quick list of warning signs in a new or potential client.

1. Any mention of a family member or friend doing the design work (unless that person is an actual professional).
2. Wanting to do the work in Word, Publisher or any software for the general consumer.
3. Has tried more than once to do the project themselves.
4. Has a very specific idea already in mind and wants you to bring that vision to life.
5. Has had multiple bad experiences with other designers or firms.
6. More concerned with price that anything else.
7. Acts suspicious or overly concerned with YOUR ethics from the beginning.
8. Just wants a "business card". Doesn't understand the value of creating a visual brand for their company.

I'm sure I will be adding more to this list as I think of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf