Friday, May 26, 2006

Artiste, part 2

Where were we? Oh yes, graduated from college in one of the worst economies expecting to immediately start designing restaurant logos and menus. Instead, I got a job doing catalog production. Stayed a bit too long, but learned a lot. Then, realized that I never spent a year abroad in college and went to live in France for a year as an au pair. I have worked for magazines, web agencies, and finally decided to do my own thing in 2001 and (almost) never looked back.

Current Day
Two small children and a growing design agency which is more than a full-time job. I really don't have time for this pug designing, but I want to move in this direction. I don't always want to be designing for clients. It is a real thrill when people tell me they love my shirts and they buy them. No discussion on whether I could try another font or can they change it, or use another color. Well, sometimes people do want a special color or size but I can live with that.
I finally feel like an artist because I am doing what I want, and I feel inspired to create things. Now I need to start learning those business classes I skipped in college!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf