Friday, April 06, 2007

Shayna, we love you always


Today started out great- beautiful warm sunny day, work prospects looking great.
Then we got a strange call from a friend of my parents in the Tri Cities, "the little dog went to the hospital and didn't come back". My husband answered it and was confused since the call was supposed to be for my dad. My stomach lurched and I immediately called my parents to see if Shayna was sick. Shayna died. They don't know why, she acted sick, went to the vet and died there.

I can't believe she is gone. Just like that. It really makes you realize, that is how fast you can lose someone. She was such a big part of our family- always there. I've lost my two favorite pets within 6 months.
I know she had a good life, but it was much too short. She would have turned 7 next month. I just don't know what to say. She is the reason I started saybone. The last few years I've spent less time with her because of the kids, she always loved me the same regardless. Last week C pushed her in the stroller to the park. It was Shayna's idea to ride in the stroller, she preferred it. It was so cute but I didn't get a photo, I thought I'd have a chance to do it later.

I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her but she brought me so much joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf