Wednesday, June 14, 2006

pugs and what else?

I am working on a new website to replace conenbeach, it will be saybone. I don't think I should limit my designs to pugs since I really would like to expand my market. I draw pugs because I like them and 'understand" them. I will try to draw other breeds, but without having any extended contact with the dogs, I wonder if I can capture their personality.

I will set up a poll on the new site, or if you'd care to comment, what new dog designs would you like me to do? I am thinking poodle, dachsund, chiuhaha (sp?) and maybe scottie or westie. I love labradors and retrievers, etc, I just don't think their owners are as into wearing clothes with their dogs on them.

Why is it that you can make a cute tee with a monkey on it and anyone will buy it, but when you put a pug on it, it has less general appeal? Too specific? I am afraid to start tailoring my designs too much for what I think people will buy, and want to just do what I like and hope my instincts are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf