Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sidenote (don't read unless you have a strong stomach).

This doesn't have anything to do with pugs, or business. You have been warned.

When you are waiting with your 2 kids in the doctor's waiting room and your almost 4 year old daughter says she smells poop, you might want to investigate. For some reason it didn't register, and when the nurse called us back right after that, I totally forgot until an odor wafted up to me as my 2 year old was being weighed. Then I saw the glob of poop on the floor. Panic set in. The nurse left me alone to deal with it armed only with some tiny alcohol wipes, a diaper I mooched off her, and a red bio hazard bag. She stuck her head in awhile later. Leaving again after giving me some more tiny wipes, another larger bag, and an extra drape for the examining bed.
The visit itself was uneventful except for the awful smell permeating the office. The doctor was nice about it, but said G might be sick the smell was so bad.

We left and had to do the walk of shame, I was carrying the bio hazard bag in one hand, and my naked-except-for-a-diaper boy's hand in the other. Yeah, I always take my kid out in public dressed only in a diaper.

The clothes, unfortunately, were not salvaged and went to the garbage with everything else. I felt bad about it, I really did. But, I couldn't feel bad enough to wash them. And believe me, I have washed a lot of poopy clothes.

Moral of the story: bring a diaper bag with you at all times, even with the "potty-trained" older child. Um, and listen to your kids when they say they smell something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf