Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy belated Bastille Day

Not sure what to title this post. I have no new news about my shirts. I need to spend time working on them but I am still focusing on the design business. Last week SO much time was wasted dealing with a new client that proved to be too high maintenance for me. I wasn't feeling like there was enough confidence and trust on their side regarding my contract, which then gave me reason to evaluate them more closely as well. I realized that I have so many wonderful clients who love what I do and don't want to take time away from them dealing with someone potentially very time-consuming and demanding on the account side.

It is good because it helps me realize what my business is. Next time, I'm going to be firmer with my own policies- don't work with people you don't trust. The shame was, I really felt like I had a good rapport with one of the partners, it was the other one who killed the deal.

There is an event next weekend. Pets in the the Pearl- http://www.petsinthepearl.info
I'm planning on donating two doggie shirts for their auction. once I get my act together, I also plan to consign some shirts with http://www.petaline.net hopefully they will have more time to market these shirts than I do!

I have to start more sketches and branch out to other breeds, or just get some stationary packages going. However, until I get organized with my life it is just too difficult. The kids take a lot of time, and I think they need me now. If anything, this project falling through has taught me that I want a mellow, relaxed life more than more money. It's a trade off I'm willing to make right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats

Etsy Sellers Who Blog

Join | Previous | Next
Powered by RingSurf